Monday, December 6, 2010

A tall South African Klipdrift brandy story

A Tall Klipdrift Fishing Tale

I went bass fishing this morning at Groendal Dam, but after a while I ran out of bait.

Then I saw a puffadder with a dead lizard in its mouth.
Lizards are good bait for bass.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the lizard in its mouth,

I grabbed it right behind the head, took the lizard,

and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bitten.

So, I grabbed my bottle of Klipdrift and poured a little brandy into its mouth.

His eyes rolled back, and he went limp. I then released him without

incident and carried on fishing, using the lizard as bait.

A little while later, I felt a nudge against my foot.

I looked down and there was that same snake
with two more lizards in its mouth.

Life is good in Africa.



No comments:

Post a Comment